Ladies and Gentlemen, we bring to you The Great Ferndale Water Gun Fight. From 12pm-5pm August 11, all those participating will engage in a game of Capture The Flag unlike any the city of Ferndale has seen before. Team PORT and Team NEW WAY BAR will square off to see who can capture each others' flag... and who will just be a soaking wet mess.
MOST IMPORTANT RULE: this is an outdoor event. No water play in buildings!
1. BYOWG. Bring your own water gun. Water guns MUST be CLEARLY toys. We're talking bright colors, translucent, whatever. The reason for this should be obvious.
2. Declare your allegiance. When you RSVP «Yes» for this event, leave a comment declaring your allegiance to Team New Way or Team Port. Whomever's team you're on will dictate where you meet at noon on August 11, and which Zello chat you join. Speaking of which...
3. Download the Zello app on your phone. This is a walkie talkie app. The battlefield is a third of a mile on the East side of Woodward — you'll want to stay in contact with your team to develop strategies.
4. No crossing Woodward! Both bars are on the East side of Woodward, so there's no reason to run through traffic.
5. Water balloons are allowed. Fire hydrant manipulation is not allowed.
6. Try really hard to not involve people who don't want to be involved in the game. We'll come up with a dress code for each team as we get closer... but we don't want to piss people off. Except those in the game and on opposite teams. That's the whole point.
7. Whoever has captured the most flags by 5pm wins!
Dig out your super soakers and RSVP for this thing!