We will be meeting at Joe and Reno's Pizzeria
starting at 6:15p
WE WALK n ROLL at promptly at 7:00p
We're looking forward to what delicious samples they will provide pre-Walk n Roll.
Guest Walk Leader, Councilwoman Leslie Herrick
In past years, we've met at a different park each week. This year, we will not only meet at some of the more obscure parks in the city, but also at some of our favorite small businesses throughout the city.
2018 is going to be a fun year as we explore the city and the small businesses that it has to offer. We're still open to suggestions and have dates available to fill in with YOUR favorite family friendly Dearborn business!
— Join our weekly group rides/walks in and around Dearborn. We meet every Wednesday May through October.
Departure Times (please arrive 15-30 min early to be ready to go):
For a current list of our weekly locations, visit bikedearborn.com
Locations to be determined every week so keep an eye on our group page for details.
*Rollers: Be sure to do regular maintenance and safety checks on your bikes, pump your tires, bring along an extra tube, lights, and water. Helmets are strongly recommended. Routes will be approximately 6 miles long.
*Walkers: Bring your best walking shoes and water. Routes will be approx 2-2.5 miles long.
**All kids must be accompanied by an adult.
No walker or roller left behind! We are a no drop group that will ride/walk at a pace comfortable for all in attendance. We encourage all ages and skill levels to join us!
Be sure to join our Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll group to ask questions and post pictures from the Walk n Rolls that you attend!
Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll is a collaboration between the Healthy Dearborn Coalition (Beaumont Health, City of Dearborn Government, and Dearborn Public Schools) and Bike Dearborn While City of Dearborn supports our efforts, the Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll runs independent of the City of Dearborn and its services.
**You are responsible for your own well-being while participating in a roll or walk.
More info about Healthy Dearborn can be found at cityofdearborn.org/community/healthydearborn
More info about Bike Dearborn can be found at bikedearborn.com
#healthydearborn #walkdearborn #bikedearborn
— Bike Dearborn Safety Rules:
1. Please make sure your bike is in good operating order and that your tires are properly aired up before each ride. You should carry a spare inner tube at all times. If you have a malfunction, let one of the support crew know. We will get you rolling the best we can. We stop as a group to take care of anything that may arise.
2. It’s important for you to follow the directions of our Support Team. We have our ride leaders, corkers, and sweepers. They are here for your safety! Follow their instructions!
3. Ride together no more than 2 abreast. Stay to the right. Keep room for moving motor vehicles. We share the road with motor vehicles. We will give them the respect that we expect from them in return.
4. We operate as one vehicle, but please be mindful of cross traffic. If we go through a stop sign or traffic light, we have our support team cork the intersection so we can all proceed together. There are times where traffic will dictate otherwise. The front of the group will wait for the rear to catch up before continuing on. As you pass through the intersection look and call it out (car right, car left, or clear) for the riders behind you. Even if it’s called clear….please look for yourself and make the appropriate call.
5. Call out hazards and directions. All call outs from the front (left turn, slowing, stopping, car up, hole, etc) should be telephoned all the way back. All calls out from the back (car back) should be telephoned all the way to the front!
6. Ride in a straight line. Do not swerve in and out of parked cars or other riders. Be predictable to your riding neighbors. If you pass your fellow riders, pass on the left, and call it out so they expect it. Keep gaps to a minimum, but keep space around your riding neighbors. Be mindful of other wheels and your own. We don’t bike vs bike, or car vs bike collisions. Stay off the sidewalk. We are not pedestrians.
7. If you listen to music, keep it at a respectful level. Your riding buddies want to be able to hear hazard and direction calls. Do not use earbuds! Please limit picture taking to stops. Riding and taking photos is another form of distracted driving. Please, no smoking or drinking on our rides. Many of our bike friends are out to enjoy the fresh air of the outdoors.
8. We are a casual group. You ride at your own risk and are responsible for your own actions and for anything that may happen to you on the ride. While City of Dearborn supports our efforts, the Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll and Bike Dearborn rides run independent of the City and its services. You are responsible for your own well-being while participating. Although, it’s a personal choice, we recommend and encourage the use of helmets. Accidents do happen and a simple fall or bike on bike collision can do serious damage. Your brain is worth it!