Greetings YMCA Friend,
This year we celebrate thirty seven years of changing the lives of metro Detroit youth through our ICan Achieve-College Prep and Mentoring Program for high school and college students. To help commemorate our many years of service, we are seeking corporate partners for our inaugural «YMCA Tux and Tens-Around the World: 2017 Detroit Achiever Awards», Saturday, July 22, 2017 from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. at the Boll Family YMCA, 1401 Broadway, Detroit, MI 48226. This year’s event will be hosted by NBA Legend, “Derrick Coleman”, who has become an active part of our Y mission to help support under-privileged Detroit area youth. Our guest speaker will be actor and author, “Hill Harper”.
Year after year stellar corporate citizens have consistently supported the YMCA Achiever's program in providing essential career and college prep services that lead to high school graduation and post-secondary education. By making a donation your organization would help fund:
• Supporting more than 100 youth enroll into college
• Providing summer employment to over 500 youth who collectively earned $300,000
• Conducting over 40 Michigan College tours serving over 400 high school students
• Awarding over $50,000 in college scholarships
• Providing over 10,000 hours of career and college prep services to Detroit youth
• Supporting our youth development services: college prep services, life skills training, career development, community services, health & fitness training & other cultural and social outings and activities
We have been able to impact the lives of our students through our Achievers programs and we are proud to recognize the achievements of our youth and youth volunteers at this event. With your support, we can continue developing productive, responsible young adults through this program.
I look forward to hearing from you with any questions you may have about your sponsorship. We ask that you please reply by July 7, 2017 with your sponsorship commitment.
Terri L. Mial, MSW
Vice President of Youth Development & Community Initiatives
****Sponsorship Opportunities are now Available, Please contact Sunni Jones of Conversations Media Group at 888 682 9510 ex 1 for more information****